Canada FAQ

The student has to apply to a Designated Learning Institute – DLI. After getting the acceptance letter, the student may be eligible to apply for a Study Permit. The study Permits are issued to entry to Canada.

DLI – Designated Learning Institute. These are the education service providers, who are recognized by the Canadian government and are authorized to impart education to international students.

It depends on the course, university, province and whether it is a undergraduate or a PG program. However according to statistics of Canada, the average fee for undergraduate was CA$ 25,180 and for PG it is CA $ 16, 252

  • For a single person : Tuition Fee + CA $ 10,000 per annum.
  • For accompanying one Family Member: CA $ 4,000.
  • For each additional family member: CA $ 3,000.

Requisite IELTS score is a mandatory requirement for most Canadian Universities and Colleges, However it is not mandatory for applying for a Study Permit unless applying through SPP.

It varies from visa office to visa office. however it may take approximately 45 working days if there are no issues.

Yes, students are allowed to work part time for 20 hrs. in a week during academic sessions and full time during the declared vacations. 

If the student has graduated from eligible DLI after completing a course whose duration was:

  • For Less than 8 months : No work permit.
  • For More than 8 months but Less than 2 years: Will get work permit for the simalr duration as the course undertaken.
  • For 2 years or more: Work permit is issued for 3 years.

Yes, an open work permit can be issued if the student is a full time student and holds a valid Study Permit.

It is of the same tenure as the Study Permit of the student.

Scroll to top