If you happen to be an Indian student seeking opportunities to study abroad, then you’ll be pleased to know that international scholarships for Indian students are offered by many governments, organizations and specific universities. Below is a diverse selection of international scholarships on offer to Indian students, divided by funding type and desired place of study. If none of these are a great match for you, you could browse our main list of scholarships to study abroad for more options. Good luck with your applications!
To study anywhere:
- Inlaks Shivdasani Foundation Scholarships – Scholarships for Indian students to study abroad in North America or Europe. Applicants must be under 30 and reside in India at the time of application. For undergraduate and postgraduate study. Other restrictions apply.
To study in Asia:
- Aichi Scholarship Program for Asian Students in Japan – Various scholarships for Indian students studying at graduate level in Aichi Prefectural government-approved manufacturing programs in Japan.
- DST A*STAR Call for Singapore-India Joint Research Grants – Grants for Indian researchers within the fields of science and technology to study in Singapore. Sponsored by the Indian government and A*Star Singapore.
- Hinrich Full MA Scholarship in International Journalism at HKBU – Open to citizens from India, Cambodia, Indonesia, Vietnam and Philippines, offering scholarships to study the Masters of Arts in International Journalism program at Hong Kong Baptist University in Hong Kong.
- HM King’s and HM Queen’s Scholarships for Asian Students in Thailand – Thai government scholarships for Indian citizens to study in Thailand at master’s level within engineering and technology, management or environment and development at the Asian Institute of Technology (AIT).
- Silk-Road Scholarship Program at Seoul National University – Scholarships for Indian students to study abroad in South Korea at Seoul National University, on graduate-level humanities or social science programs.
To study in Australia:
- University of Adelaide Ashok Khurana Scholarship for Indian Students – Scholarships available for Indian students who are undertaking postgraduate study in selected fields at the University of Adelaide.
- India Global Leaders Scholarship – Full-tuition international scholarships for Indian students studying a coursework master’s degree or undergraduate degree within the Faculty of Business, Economics and Law at the University of Queensland in Australia. Excludes MBAs.
- University of New South Wales (UNSW Sydney) Future of Change India Scholarship – A scholarship for an Indian citizen who has been accepted to study an undergraduate or postgraduate degree at UNSW Sydney. As part of your application you’ll need to submit a short video of you discussing how the scholarship will help you reach your goals.
- University of Queensland Postgraduate Coursework Scholarships – Another set of scholarships from the University of Queensland, this fund is open to students from India or Latin America to undertake coursework-based postgraduate study in biology-related subjects.
To study in Europe:
- UCD Global Graduate Scholarships for Indian Students in Ireland – Funding opportunities for Indian students at graduate level studying at University College Dublin in Ireland.
- Orange Tulip Scholarship – Grants are available for Indian students to study in the Netherlands at bachelors or master’s level at selected participating universities.
- Campus France Charpak Scholarship – A scholarship for an Indian national to study in France at master’s level. You should be 30 or under and be a current student or currently employed in India. There is also a Raman Charpak Scholarship available for PhD students to carry out part of their research work at a French institution for up to six months.
- British Council GREAT scholarships for Indian Students – A selection of scholarships are offered by the British Council, to support Indian students applying to study abroad in the UK.
- Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships – For Indian students who wish to study in the UK. Open to doctoral students, research students and visiting fellows.
- Heriot Watt SML International Merit Scholarships for Indian Students – Open to Indian students at postgraduate level studying at Heriot Watt University in the UK on a taught program within the School of Energy, Geoscience, Infrastructure and Society.
- LSE Commonwealth Shared Scholarship Scheme (CSSS) – Five awards are available to international students from commonwealth countries (including India) to study at postgraduate level at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE).
- Ms. Agatha Harrison Memorial Fellowship at St. Antony’s College – Indian government fellowship offered to Indian students pursuing study at the University of Oxford’s St. Antony’s College in the field of history, economics and political science. Only available to high-achieving postgraduate research students.
- Oxford and Cambridge Society of India (OCSI) Scholarships – Open to Indian students at any degree level to study at Oxford University or the University of Cambridge in the UK.
- Saltire Scholarships – Scholarships for students from Canada, the US, India and China to study in Scotland at any degree level.
- Sir Ratan Tata Fellowships for South Asian Students at LSE – Scholarships for social science students from South Asia to study at the London School of Economics (LSE) in the UK within the LSE Asia Research Centre (ARC).
- Sussex India Scholarships – Opportunities to gain funding at the University of Sussex in the UK for Indian students at master’s degree level.
- University of Bournemouth Business School Dean’s Scholarships for Masters Students – A total of five scholarships for international students to study a taught master’s program at Bournemouth University in the UK. Open to students from Russia, Turkey, Nigeria, China, India, and South Korea for a 50 percent tuition fee reduction.
- University of Lincoln India Scholarship – Scholarships are available for high-achieving Indian postgraduate students, offered in the form of £5,000 tuition fee reductions.
- University of Oxford Felix Scholarships for Indian Students – Graduate-level funding opportunities for Indian students studying at the University of Oxford.
- University of Sheffield – A range of scholarships for undergraduate and postgraduate Indian students who show strong academic potential.
- University of Southampton LLM International Scholarships – International scholarships to study law at postgraduate level at the UK’s University of Southampton. Open to all students from outside of the European Union.
- UWE International Scholarships – UWE Bristol University in the UK is offering undergraduate and postgraduate tuition fee discount scholarships for students from several countries, including India.
To study in the US:
- Asian Women in Business Scholarship Fund – Offering female Asian students the chance to receive funding for an undergraduate business degree taken at an accredited US university.
- Chicago Booth School of Business – The Ramakrishnan Family Scholarship and Akhtarali H. Tobaccowala Fellowship are both available for Indian students who apply to study a full-time MBA at the school.
- Cornell University Tata Scholarship – Scholarships for Indian citizens who have been accepted to study an undergraduate program at Cornell University.
- Fulbright-Nehru Research Fellowships – Offering funding to outstanding Indian students wishing to pursue study at any level within an accredited US institution. See individual scholarships for specific criteria.
- S.N. Bose Scholars Student Exchange Program for Indian Students – Opportunities for Indian researchers at master’s level or higher to study a selected program in the field of science and technology at a university in the US.
- Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowships for Indian students – Scholarships for Indian students to study at Stanford Graduate School of Business on the MBA program. To be eligible students must return to India within two years of completing their studies.
Want more content like this? Register for free site membership to get regular updates and your own personal content feed.